Friday, August 21, 2015

Another baby girl on the way!

I have not updated my blog in quite some time. But we are expecting our 2nd child, another sweet baby girl. Her name is Mackenzie Grace. I am 36 weeks today! I have been doing well and baby has been thriving. She is extremely active and has some impressive acrobatics going on inside my tummy. Daily we sit and stare at my belly mesmerized by her movements that stick out and roll around under my skin! Big sister Kelsie is so excited and already talks about how much she loves her sister! She thanks God for her and tonight her prayer went something like this : "God thank you for Mackenzie Grace and for putting her in Mommy's tummy and making her a girl". She has begun telling me lately, "mommy, I got just what I wanted...I got that baby girl in your tummy and that was just what I wanted and God gave her to us." She did pray for a baby sister long before I got pregnant, so I believe this is a great example of God's answer to prayer. 

As we draw closer, I'm reminded of God's faithfulness and goodness. I'm reminded where we were a year ago and how discouraged we felt. We waited a long time and went through a lot to get to this point. Some know our story and many likely do not, but this decision - this child - is the result of many fervent prayers and a great leap of faith. (I'll share briefly because I believe this is God's work in us and His story to share.) After much prayerful consideration and pursuit of other options, this child was ultimately conceived naturally with the knowledge that like her sister, she too, may have Cystic Fibrosis. We still do not know the answer to that question and won't know until after she is born. We pray desperately that she does not but if she does, I know God will protect her, and He will hold us up and carry us through. And either way, I know God has a great plan and purpose for her life! We serve a good and Almighty God and we put all of our trust in Him. We know He is faithful and He hears our cries. Please pray with us for this precious child of ours!

 
Savoring this last month of uninterrupted time with Kelsie as an only child! Pool time is our favorite this summer! 
8/17/15


No comments:

Post a Comment