Wednesday, March 9, 2011

C-section

This C-section was no joke! I was really surprised how difficult it was. It was definitely much worse than I expected. They were not able to give me the good IV pain medicine in the OR because I was bleeding too much, so once the anesthesia wore off, I had very significant pain.  I wanted to concentrate on my precious little baby but the pain made it difficult to even hold her at times. Nothing could spoil those first moments with her, but I still wish I could have had her naturally! The pain was uncontrollable for a while and was a little overwhelming - not at all what I had expected. Once we got up to the post-partum floor, they finally gave me the good medicine and I was able to get some relief. The 1st week was hard moving around but things have gotten much better over the past several days. As much as I dislike the surgical part of it, I am still so grateful that they were able to deliver her safely, she was born healthy, and there were no surgical complications.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for a safe and healthy delivery! And baby! Goodness, I had no idea C-secs could be so traumatic :(

    ReplyDelete