Friday, March 25, 2011

4 weeks old...and we have weight gain!!! :)

Kelsie is 1 month old today!!! She had her 1 month check up and we are pleased to learn that she now weighs 7lbs 15oz!!! So she has gained 14 oz in just 7 days and that is just super!! I am very encouraged by this because weight gain means that the enzymes must be working.

We also had another good day. I actually ate breakfast and lunch today! That is a big deal because for whatever reason, I have had a hard time finding time to do those simple necesities each day. I also felt alot better today which I imagine has something to do with getting in some good nutrition. Mom came up and went to Kelsie's appointment with me and is spending the night so it has been nice having her here as well. I'm very thankful she is here - especially after the accident we had earlier. I was changing a poopy diaper and was being lazy -- I didn't slide the clean diaper under before I took the old one out and Kelsie peed soaking the changing table and her onesie! The onesie was literally soaking wet and therefore the back of the harness became soaked with pee pee as well. I couldn't stand the idea of her just sitting in the urine soaked harness until it dried - not to mention the smell that would set in. It was already covered in lots of spit up so was stained and stinky from that as well.   All that being said, we decided to take on the task of washing the harness! This is a big no-no according to the ortho Dr because we were told not to take it off for anything!(easy for them to say!) But..... we came up with a way to do it while still keeping her hips in place and I think we did a pretty good job.  We still had the 1st harness they put her in, so we decided to switch them out - VERY CAREFULLY without moving her hips!! After we got it off, my mom did a speedy handwashing job, daddy dried it quickly, while I kept Miss Kelsie from kicking her legs. It was a success and now looks and smells soooo much better!! Here are a few pictures from today.


I spit up so much so mommy had to put this big bib on me.

Talking to grandma.


Had a fully belly and slept through her Drs appt, the exam didn't even bother her. She's such a trooper! 

1 comment:

  1. What a little cutie!!!!!!! Good job washing the harness!

    ReplyDelete