Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Welcome to the world baby girl!




On Friday Feb 25th at 8:19am, Nathan and I experienced the most amazing moment of our lives - the birth of our baby girl, Kelsie Caroline.  She came at 39 weeks born via a scheduled C-section delivery since she was breech. When she was born, they held her up over the screen so we could see and I can't even describe what it was like to see her for the first time! After 9 months of anticipation, the moment had finally arrived and it was simply wonderful! She was our perfect little creation and in that instant, we were overwhelmed with love and joy beyond words. They took her to my left and after doing their quick assessment, they handed her to Nathan who was sitting at my left shoulder.  Seeing him hold her for the first time made it even more real- this was our baby, our precious little miracle, and God had granted us the gift of being her parents. What an amazing feeling! As exhilarating as this was, I was soon reminded, that I was still undergoing major surgery. I didn't want to miss one moment of this time with my little family and this kept me distracted for the most part but it still was uncomfortable at times as they were finishing the operation. After we got back to the recovery room, I finally got to hold my baby for the first time! What a perfect moment and one I will never forget! I still get emotional as I remember how special it was to hold her skin-skin on my chest. She was so content and alert and Nathan and I were all smiles. Nothing compares to that moment!  We are so blessed with a perfect and beautiful baby girl, surely one of God's most amazing miracles!


"Its a big bright world out here!"




Loved her first bath!

Inexplicable

Perfection

Admiration

No comments:

Post a Comment