Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hope

Sometimes I look ahead and wonder what this disease is going to do to my baby. And at times fear of the unknown tries to pull me down. But then I am reminded of God's amazing love for us and for my sweet Kelsie. In Him, I find hope. From Him, I seek peace and patience and endurance and through Him, I find the strength physically and emotionally to deal with this diagnosis.  Doctors offer encouragement by explaining all the scientific advances coming down the pipeline for CF.  I am so thankful for these new therapies because they are there to improve outcomes and save lives of people with CF and will be vital in Kelsie's care. There is also alot of talk about the hope for a cure and so much research is being poured into that endeavor. As a mother to a child newly diagnosed with CF, I know that my family and I will become active in supporting this research and 100% committed to the cause for advancements in CF.  While all of this research is so promising, I still find the most comfort entrusting my daughter's future in the hands of our Heavenly Father. I know He will see us through.

"Peace I leave you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27

"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment