Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Great weekend! And HALLOWEEN!

 HAPPY HALLOWEEN! It was Kelsie's first and she sported her cute costume without any complaining. :)



 And we had a great weekend! And it was full of lots of fun, new things for Kelsie. We went to my parent's house on Saturday and surprised them with our cute lil watermelon! My Dad even had some real watermelons from his garden that he loaded on the back of a trailer, making for some great poses of Kelsie in her Halloween costume.











We also walked to my great aunt and uncles, Wade and Ether's, house and let them meet Kelsie for the first time. It was an extra treat that she was dressed up for Halloween. I still love walking down that old country road...




Then when Nathan and dad went deer hunting, mom and I went to visit my cousin Laura and her family. Kelsie rarely gets to see her cousins, Gracie, Rylie, and Cole, so it was fun to give them some time to play together. Kelsie was really excited to have another baby to play with and was all over Cole, who is just 4 days older than her! She was a little rough, but he took it like a man. Hehe.








We spent the night at mom and dads and Kelsie took her bath in grandma's sink. And had her dinner in the same high chair I used 28 years ago!



On Sunday, we went to church with my parents and Kelsie had her first experience in the nursery. I am very weary of taking her into the church nursery for fear of so much exposure to other germy kids, but I know we have to do it eventually. So, I decided to take a different approach...I wiped each kinds hands down with sanitizing wipes and cleaned all the toys, but then I put her down and let them play. I have to make sure I do what I can to keep her healthy but still want her to be able to have the same experiences she would have if she didn't have CF. And I am so glad I did because I know she really enjoyed the interaction with the other kids (all of whom are also her distant cousins). From left to right, Dallyn, Jake, Morgan, and Weston.


After church we went back to my parents and dad showed Kelsie his pigs.


Then we went to Nathan's parents house for lunch. Kelsie got to see her great-grandparents and Aunt Emily too. Kelsie's Nana loves Christmas and always decorates her home so beautiful for the season. This year, it is decorated extra early!





On Halloween night, we dressed Kelsie up and let her greet the trick-or-treaters. The kids loved seeing her sitting by the candy bowl. It was so much fun! 

Trick or treat!


Trying to sneak and eat the candy!


And I had to get a few pictures of her on the front porch in her sweet little pumpkin dress! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment