Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lovely summer day

Had a great day with my girl today! Park in the morning, pool in the afternoon! Just a good summer day! Today was also the first day I tried to drop her morning nap. It actually went pretty well. She did better than I thought she would staying up so long this morning. She was actually pretty happy the whole time. We went to the park so that broke up the morning monotony a little so Im sure that helped. I was afraid she would fall asleep on the way home but I got home just as she was nodding off. So I kept her up, we played, had lunch and then I laid her down at 12:45, earlier than usual. I was expecting her to kind of combine the 2 naps into 1 long one and just wake up at her usual afternoon wake time. But she didn't, only slept til 2:15. She acted really well this afternoon too considering. But after she woke up, I took her to a new pool I discovered in Chapel Hill and it was so nice. And free!! I am so thrilled to have found it! We played in the kiddie pool and even met some new friends! It was Kelsie's first time in the pool (well since she is old enough to get excited about it) and she loved it. She started pointing at it when we got there, obviously excited and wanting to get in. And she kept pointing over to the big pool too but we didn't make it in there today. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment