Thursday, November 6, 2014

Baby crazy!

Kelsie is obsessed with me having a REAL baby these days...
Kelsie: "Mommy, can you have a real baby girl now?"
Me: "No, not now sweetie"
Kelsie: "Why? It's not that hard to have a baby!"
Me (laughing inside thinking if you only knew): "Oh really?"
Kelsie: "No, its not. And I've been doing a good job at waiting."
(if only it were that easy)
EVERY day is more of the same..
"Mommy, is your belly pregnant now?", Me: "NO its not."
"Mommy, I really want a real baby girl just like me!"
"Mommy, is it Halloween?" Me: "Yes", Kelsie: "And then is it Thanksgiving and then Christmas and THEN we can have a real baby girl?"
(Where does she get this stuff?) "No, we won't have a new baby at Christmas but we can keep praying."
"Mommy, can you put my baby (doll) in your belly?" (I do and she walks me to the couch) "Now, go to the hospital and have the baby."
Her daily prayer: "Dear God, please bring me a real baby girl in my mommy's tummy."
(On the phone with cousin Ava this morning): "My mommy's belly is pregnant with a baby girl." Me gasping, "NO its not!"
So you all have been warned...if Kelsie tells you we are having a baby, it's NOT TRUE...it's just her imagination, undying love for babies, and wishful thinking! #alldayeveryday #keepthefaithmychild One day, maybe her dream will come true...

I keep thinking I must be putting this idea in her head but I really think she is just fixated on it. She understands that other friends have siblings and she doesn't understand why it isn't so easy to just make that happen. She also knows we would like another baby and we have talked about praying for God to bless us with a baby girl OR baby boy. She however, has decided she only wants a baby girl!

Only God knows what will come. He is faithful and He is God and I trust in His timing. And I will keep trying to instill that patience in waiting for the Lord in my sweet child.

She makes me do this ALOT!! I can not wait to see the joy in this child's heart if/when we do have another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment