Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Such a sweet heart she has!

It is still hard to leave Kelsie behind when I have to go to work. I love my job, don't get me wrong, but I do really miss being home with her. Especially when she asks me to "please stay home and play with me" and says "but I'm going to miss you." And this morning she stood at the door with that pitiful look on her face as I drove away. No crying anymore, but clearly sad that we have to be a apart.

We do have a strong and wonderful bond, she and I. I can't even describe it. The love we have for each other is just something only we can understand. I feel it more every day. And it feels even sweeter now that she is getting older and more able to express it in words. Many times this week, she will just randomly be staring at me and say "I yuv you mommy!" There is nothing greater than hearing those genuine, heartfelt words from little one! Oh its just so sweet!

And the greeting I get when I walk through the door after coming home from work (or anywhere really) is just priceless! She runs to me yelling "mommy, mommy, mommy!" with that look of pure joy on her face as she wraps me up in a hug and buries her face in my neck.

Today, she did this and then said, "mommy, you yook so pitty!" She later told me again "I yuv you mommy, you sooooo pitty! You yook yike a pitty pitty pincess!" What sweet sweet words from that precious child! I love that she is learning to compliment others with no one even asking her to. I later told her I was going to change clothes but she said "No, I want you yook yike a princess!" I guess its safe to say she liked the skirt I was wearing! 

We also had our dinner outside tonight. Nathan picked up subs so it was a nice picnic outside. Weather was gorgeous!! 


Lying on my legs watching the clouds! 







No comments:

Post a Comment