Friday, July 25, 2014

"Princesses don't do vests!"

Kelsie really resists doing her vest. It's a battle practically every day. When we tell her it's time, she often runs and hides even though she always gets to watch her favorite tv shows or movies while doing it. Today I told her and she put her hands on her hips, furrowed her brow and said, "Princesses don't do vests!! I don't want to do my vest. I want to be Rapunzel". I told her she could do both but that wasn't satisfying enough. She pouted for a while, hid behind a chair while I explained how much I love her and want to keep her healthy. I reminded her that she's been coughing some this week and the vest helps her get the coughs out so she doesn't get sick. She then surprised me by coming to me, hugging me and telling me thank you. She then asked for me to take her Rapunzel dress off and then she pulled her PT cart up to the couch (which she has NEVER done) and sat down waiting for her vest. I guess I said something right. It's not always that easy to get through but definitely makes me feel good when I do! 





No comments:

Post a Comment