Tuesday, May 22, 2012

You make me happy when skies are gray

Its been a crazy week for Nathan and I. We have both been really busy and stressed at work this week and its definitely taking its toll on us. We are both so tired and never feel like we can get caught up, much less get ahead. When I'm not at work, I have all my charting to catch up on, but also have this rambunctious little toddler to chase around! And of course that is what I prefer to do anyway! So on my days off, when I know I need to try to make time to do my notes, I choose to spend that time with my baby and take her on play dates, go shopping, etc. And when I do that, I just end up getting more behind at work and hence, more stressed. Nathan is even way more stressed than I am. He has moved into a higher role at his job and that brings about more responsibility, more work, and for now, a lot more stress. I am very thankful for our jobs but do pray that things will start to settle down some. I feel like we never get a chance to just relax. I would just love to be able to get in the bed before 11:30 at night!! But on the plus side, Kelsie is sleeping so well these days! Since we did the sleep training and she stopped nursing, she has been sleeping through the night! FINALLY! And over the past week has even been sleeping ALL night in her OWN bed! Nathan commented tonight how much worse we would feel if she were waking up like she used to! So we are both VERY thankful that we all get a full nights sleep around here!

But as I was telling Nathan tonight, no matter how bad of a day it has been, there is one thing that is always true...that little girl of ours always brings a smile to our face and can brighten our day in an instant. When I walk through the door after a long day at work and see that 2 feet tall little darling running toward me, I forget about everything else and just think how blessed I am to have her.

Here are some pictures and videos from the week. :)

Dressed up in mommy's shoes before mommy goes to work
I guess when you're that tired, you can sleep any ol' way


Chasing boys already ;) With our buddy Price Batchellor

First time in pigtails!


With our besties at the park

Arm in arm - so sweet! This is always where she ends up after daddy does chest PT when mommy is working.

Out to dinner at our favorite restaurant - Nantucket




She is saying lots of new words now. Here is "Apple".





No comments:

Post a Comment