Friday, March 8, 2013

2 year check up

Kelsie had her 2 year check up today! She got quite the attention from the office staff. Everyone was going on and on about how adorable she was (I happen to agree :)) and she was definitely showing off her little personality. She was laughing and talking and being her silly self while the doctor was in there. And when it was time for her to examine her, she just stood there like a big girl without a fuss. She weighed 29lbs 4oz. And there was nothing new to discuss. She's doing GREAT! Her growth, development, health... everything is fantastic and I give God all the glory. Thinking back to 2 years ago when she was diagnosed with CF, I never would have imagined she would have been this healthy at this point. But she has just done so well. And I pray everyday that it stays this way!



Before she went to the doctor, she had a fun little bath so I have to include this picture I snapped of her being a silly little fishy. :)


And we went grocery shopping afterwards. I let her push her own little cart for the first time and that was quite an adventure. She is a VERY busy little person and loved having this independence. She was also waving at people saying "Hi!" and "excuse me" which I taught her to say to fellow shoppers as we were shopping. She picked up on that one really quickly. She took it upon herself to throw any and everything in her cary. First...a piece of kale. A 5lb bag of potatoes. Some croutons. A slab of pork ribs. Potato chips. Cans of peas and pinto beans. A bottle of ketchup. Several taco kits. Some chile sauce. A microwave pasta dinner... yeah it was quite a busy trip full of "no nos", redirection, and "put that back"s. But it was fun for her and a good learning experience. She was sad to leave. And I'm afraid, she may not be so content just sitting in the cart while I push next time knowing that she can do it all by herself. Oh boy, what have I done!? ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment