Friday, March 29, 2013

Better but worse

Kelsie had the follow up xray of her belly on Monday and there was actually a lot of improvement. There still appeared to be some stool in her colon but significantly less solid contents than before, much to our surprise! Her doctor wanted us to continue giving her 4caps of Miralax for 3 more days then wean down very slowly. Yesterday, she said we could drop it down to 3 caps per day for another 2-3 days then 2 caps for a few days and eventually get down to a maintenance which would give her 2 soft stools per day. We're not sure where that is yet, so we will just keep going down slowly until we get there. And hopefully, we will be able to keep her on a regular pattern at that dose to prevent this from happening again.

Her appetite had improved and I thought she was getting much better, then she woke up vomiting last night! I was like, really!? As if we haven't had enough on our plate the past 2 weeks! She vomited 3x within an hour and a half! So we were up and down cleaning up vomit and now questioning, is this related to the constipation or is this something new? She has been ok today, just whiny from not getting much sleep last night I think and she hasn't wanted much to eat or drink much besides milk. She did have 1/2 can of chicken noodle soup (undiluted) which gave her a lot of extra salt, so that was good. So I guess we will see how the rest of this plays out. I am just ready for a break!!

I have a terrible cold on top of everything and have SO much work to do before next week! Work has been so busy, I have a ridiculous number of charts to complete before next week in time for our new charting program (and its so hard to find time to do that when I am home), we are getting hardwood floors and have to pack up half of our house within the next 2 weeks, I have to finish an online driving school (as repercussion for my speeding ticket), Kelsie has had 3 long visits at the hospital in the past week, I have been taking Kelsie to the bathroom and cleaning up poop non-stop for a week, I have had to take extra time to email and update her doctor on her GI issues, and now the vomiting.  And I am supposed to work tonight until midnight!! And its Easter and we have family get togethers planned this weekend. I just feel miserable myself from this cold and I am so exhausted and overwhelmed! Things have got to start getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment