Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sleep? Ever again?

Here we go. Trying to be committed to the brace...but she just cried for an hour. I rocked her, patted her, played music, sang to her, held her, laid her beside me in bed, nursed her, held her hand, let her play with my hair, patted her some more, played more music, nursed her again, and finally, knowing exactly what she wanted as she frantically kicked those little legs, I took off the brace! And just like that, she settled down and went right back to sleep. Why did I do it? Because its 12:30 am, I still have yet to fall asleep, I have to work tomorrow, I'm exhausted, and I can't stand to see my baby so uncomfortable and just ignore it. So now I'm just trying to wait until she is sound asleep, then nudge Nathan to help me put the brace back on.

And next time the ortho doctor acts like its no big deal, I'll explain it to him! A little compassion and empathy goes a long way!

 We got the brace back on and then it came back off again around 5am. Ten hours total! I'm happy with that, just wish I didn't have to be awake 1/2 the night in the process. Hopefully tonight will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment