Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kelsie-bug's Ladybug party!

We had Kelsie's 1st birthday party on Saturday,which also happened to be...her actual birthday! I started planning for the big day a while ago and had so much fun putting it all together. We chose a ladybug theme for our little "Kelsie-bug" and I think it turned out really cute. We had so much celebrating Kelsie's first year with all of our wonderful family and friends. We are truly blessed and so thankful!



The set up


Table for the little bugs


I had a little wooden ladybug photo frame for the kids to color




My little bug




The CAKE!!!! Nathan and I decided last minute to make the cake ourselves. 
It took a LONG time and we were up until 2:30 am the night before decorating!













The cuties



Pin the spot on the ladybug - it got thrown together last minute so 
there wasn't much of a ladybug to it and wasn't how I envisioned it but the kids 
had a little fun with it anyway at least. 




I just love these pictures of all the kids together!! 


They sat there much longer than I expected but
 still didn't take long to disperse



The food and decor

Punch

 Red Velvet cheese ball

Fruit kabobs, cut up fruit with dip

Chips and dip (salsa and spinach artichoke dip)

Pigs in a blanket, red/dark chocolate dipped pretzels, 
oreo truffles decorated like ladybugs (my favorite),
 and sugar cookies (only as few got decorated as I ran out of time!) 

And of course a party staple: cheese/crackers, and veggies with ranch dip


The treat bags for the kids

The birthday girl's seat.. Had other ideas here as well but again, ran out of time! 
Ahhh, as usual, too many ideas to fit into my limited time!  


My first baby and my first 1st birthday party to plan, and I had so much fun with it! I enjoyed every minute of celebrating with my growing little girl! She is a very social little girl so she loved all the commotion and attention at the party. And even though I didn't get to do everything that was in my little party planning brain, I still think it went just perfectly! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment