Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grandma, the Nanny

I am just so so so grateful that my mom is able to keep Kelsie when I work. I only work two days (Tues/Wed) at the office and then every other weekend at UNC. Mom comes up Tuesday morning before I leave and spends the night here, and then leaves Wednesday when I get back home. She always has dinner cooked both nights and gets me caught up on laundry and housework. I can't even describe how helpful that is! She works so hard all week and rarely even gets a day off to spend at home or do something for herself, yet she is always so willing to come up and help me. Yeah I'm lucky! Kelsie loves spending that time with grandma and I think mom enjoys having Kelsie all to herself for those days as well. I also enjoy getting to spend that extra time with MY mom every week and it reminds me that no matter how old you get, there's still something special about coming home to momma! She will be starting back to work at the school in August and then we will have new nanny!

And we are super excited about this as well...Kelsie's other grandma, "Nana" will be keeping her. Nathan's mom graciously and generously offered to cut back her hours at work to prn (as needed) so that she could stay with Kelsie. This has taken such a burden off of us to know that she will be in such loving and capable hands. And it will also help me out tremendously, because like my mom, she is always SUPER helpful around here. It is so nice that she will be able to keep Kelsie here so that we don't have to worry about packing her up to take her somewhere. And don't have to worry about exposing her to all the germs at daycare! Keeping her healthy is our #1 priority! 

No comments:

Post a Comment