Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fever

Kelsie woke up this morning with a low grade temp, but it kept going up all day despite getting Tylenol at 1:00p. By 5, it was 103.5. I gave her Advil then and it got down to 100.3 at 10pm but I just woke up and checked her and it was up to 103 again. She doesn't really have any symptoms yet though. She coughed just a few times on Friday night as she was going to bed and has had a couple small coughs during PT over the past week but nothing that seemed alarming at all. Literally 1 cough all day. Yesterday I think I may have heard her cough 2, maybe 3 times. But no runny nose or anything. I checked her lungs, her ears, her throat and everything looks/sounds good. As a nurse practitioner, I know this is probably viral and will just past, but as a mom to a child with CF, I can't help but worry and think about pneumonia. We will just have to see how this plays out. But I'm just praying this doesn't turn into anything worse!

Oh and she is acting fine! I just woke her up to give her some Advil and she was happy and as talkative as could be. She heard Nathan talking about the state game (he had been at the game and still wasn't home yet) and heard him say touchdown...and she immediately threw both arms up in the air to signal a touchdown. Lol. Funny seeing your little girl do that at midnight with a 103 temp. But a good sign that she doesn't feel too bad too. She was pointing to my phone saying Elmo, apparently wanting to play the Elmo app. So I let her do that for a minute then laid her back down in her crib and she is almost back asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment