Thursday, October 11, 2012

My little helper

Kelsie absolutely LOVES to help me cook. All I have to say is "do you want to help me cook, or make something in the kitchen?" and she runs straight to her chair, pulls it up to her spot, climbs up and just stands there tapping her fingers on the counter waiting to get started. Today we made chocolate banana bread and she was such a big help, beginning to end. Then later, I said, "Kelsie, do you want to help me cut up the potatoes?" and she said "Cook!", then ran to get her chair haha. I always try to find something she can do to help me. Today, I let her dry off the potatoes after I washed them, then after I cut them up (away from her reach of course), I let her put the pieces in the pot. We made a salad earlier in the week and I let her put the lettuce and the tomatoes and carrots in the bowl after I washed them. She then decided it was fun to squeeze all the grape tomatoes. :) But they all still made it into the salad. :) I love that she enjoys helping me so much. It definitely makes preparing dinner a little easier now that it can be fun for her too. 

I also let her help me wash dishes sometimes (but she likes to put the dishes BACK in the water after they have already been washed and rinsed). She does do a good job helping me unload the dishwasher! She likes to take the silverware out of the basket and put in the drawer (because she can reach inside the drawer now!)


"Cheese" she said - with food in her mouth! (And we can thank Nana for the cute shirt!)


I know this goes in here somehow...?

I told her it was time for the banana, so she picked it up and knew what to do with it.

Peeling the banana without mommy's help

Good job mixing

Sweet face

This is so much fun mom!

Mmmmm....

this is YUMMY! (good thing she still had enzymes in her system)

I think I can get more by just dipping this spoon in the batter!

And then she found the beaters! Always my favorite part too!

Making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies last week

Waiting patiently

8-24-12

One of the first things she helped me make! Lasagna, 8-23-12

No comments:

Post a Comment