Monday, August 22, 2011

Catch up

So it may look as though I took a little break from the blog, but it has just been a really hectic week and finding the time to sit down and write has not been very easy nor has it been priority. So here is a recap of the past week.

We went to my cousin's wedding last weekend and took Kelsie to both the ceremony and the reception. It was an evening wedding and overlapped with her bedtime, but we made it work. She was overtired as I expected and had a few outbursts at the wedding. But thankfully it was outside and I was able to sit on the outer pew and slip out from the arbor onto the lawn when she started getting fussy so there wasn't too much disruption.  She took a little nap on the way to reception but then got fussy again which I'm sure was just a combination of being tired, hungry, and overstimulated. One little hiccup there was finding a way to warm her bottle - something that slipped our minds up to that point. But we found a way. All and all, it was quite an exhausting ordeal but we survived! I only had time to snap a couple pictures.


Then Monday-Thursday Nathan was out of town in PA on business. So Kelsie and I were at home alone for the first time without daddy! It was a bit of a downer for me if I'm honest. We were both glad to have him home!

Daddy had to give a little shoulder ride before he left. 
Kelsie thinks its so funny to ride so tall on daddy's shoulders! It is a sure way to make her laugh!



This week was also my mom's last week keeping Kelsie for the summer and Cathy's first week. Cathy came up on Wednesday and then ended up bringing Kelsie to me at work Wednesday evening so we could go to my mom's - an overnight stay that was more difficult than it was worth!! It was Valerie's first day of work and I wanted to see her and hear about her day, and just thought visiting with my family beat sitting around home alone for the evening.  And because I was really exhausted, I just thought visiting my parents would be helpful all around. Well, not so much. As Kelsie always does when we stay away from home, she tried to stay up to late, got overtired, and fought sleep tooth and nail. And it didn't help that I was completely worn out! Mom and I ended up driving her around Erect for about 30 minutes until she was sound asleep. Once we finally did go to sleep, she still woke up a couple of times, and after she ate at 6:00am, she didn't want to go back to sleep, so instead of fighting it, I put her in the car and drove home. That sleep deprivation carried over during the day as well and just made for an exhausting day and evening for both of us!

Pictures from our evening at mom and dad's


Kelsie got to sit on the tractor with grandpa


We always see deer in our neighborhood. They spend alot of time in our yard in the evenings, but on this day they were just grazing on the side of the street in the middle of the day. I saw them over and over again....because I was circling the neighborhood getting Kelsie to sleep! :) 


Saturday was nice because for once, we had a day when Nathan and I were both off and didn't have any plans. So we went out to 2 of our favorite places, BuyBuy Baby and Trader Joes! We bought the baby food maker I have been wanting in preparation for Kelsie starting solid foods! Its so hard to believe its already that time! We gave her a little cereal that night too. Valerie also came up and I helped her with some projects for her classroom!! She starts as the new 2nd grade teacher at Guy B. Teachey Elementary in Asheboro! We are so proud of her and excited to see her start her career! 

Come on' mom, you're not feeding me fast enough!

Eating from a spoon is pretty fun! And messy too!

This is good stuff!!

I think I'll just lick the bowl...

Our little rascal is becoming more and more mobile. She isn't crawling yet, but can scoot herself backwards in not time! She was in front of the NC one minute, and the next, she was under the cabinet unable to go back any further because her butt was stuck. Can't take your eye off the little booger for long!


Yesterday (Sunday), was cousin Will's 2nd birthday party at Nathan's parents' house. Two is a fun age and we enjoyed sharing that day with sweet little Will and the rest of the family.








Kelsie did well at the party but was so exhausted! And I was also stressed and worried about her because I felt she may be getting sick. For the past 3-4 days, I have had a scratchy throat and felt a cold coming on. This scares me because I know if I get sick, she is likely to as well...and I really dread seeing how her CF is going to react to her getting sick. 
Taking it all in at the party, but clearly exhausted and not feeling the best.

She hasn't started getting any sniffles or coughing but isn't eating well at all. Yesterday (the day of the party), she would only eat for a couple of minutes and then push away. She threw up after her 1st two feedings of the day, even though she only ate for 2-3 minutes. She seemed better overnight and took 2 good feedings in the middle of the night but today hasn't eaten well either. However, as a result of her not eating yesterday, I got backed up and am now battling mastitis again. So I know she isn't getting as much milk from me, but even when I give it from the bottle she acts like she doesn't want it. I'm worried her throat may be hurting too. She has also just been more clingy, wanting to be held, cries if I leave the room and just generally acting more tired. Her doctor called today to check in and schedule her 6 month CF checkup and when I told her how she wasn't eating well, she seemed concerned and said she would want to see her either way to make sure everything is ok. I am just praying this doesn't turn into a sickness. I dread the first time she gets sick with a cough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment