Monday, August 8, 2011

Surprise Nana and Sleepover at Grandma/pa's

We had a bit of a wild weekend! Nathan's mom's coworkers gave her a surprise dinner party Saturday night and we were asked to help get her there without her being suspicious! We got Nathan's dad in on it and he tricked her into thinking they were going out to dinner with some people he worked with. Instead, she walked into a room full of her coworkers and family, all there to support her in this next chapter of her life. It was so much fun and I'm glad we could be a part of it. I know she is thrilled to move from fulltime worker to "stay at home Nana" and we are very thankful for her desire to do so!

SURPRISE!

Kelsie and her Aunt Emily


Nice shoulder full of drool, thanks Kelsie ;)




We had a great time at dinner even though, I was a little on edge just waiting for Kelsie to meltdown since we were keeping her up past her bedtime. But I was actually surprised how well she did! She had a few outbursts but never really got fussy. We fed her there, let her "socialize" as much as a 5 month old can, put her PJs on before we left, and let her fall asleep in the car. We decided to spend the night with my parents which is about 30-40 minutes from where we ate dinner.  Kelsie slept the whole way there and I told Nathan "she has done just perfectly, I coulnd't have scripted it any better!". (Well I would pay for that later.) So when we got to my parents, I carried her in without waking her up and then out of no where she started squirming and just threw up all over my arm. I guess she got a little queasy from the car ride, but needless to say, that woke her up and she couldn't seem to settle down after that. Then as soon as she realized that we were at grandma and grandpas, she decided she wasn't tired anymore and just wanted to play! So she ended up staying up for another hour playing and then had to eat again before going to bed.

Supposed to be sleeping...but I'd rather play with Aunt Bubba instead!

Yesterday we took her to church with my parents and she did fairly well. It overlapped with her naptime but with so much stimulation around her, she was not having any part of going to sleep! I hoped that as we got back to my parents, that she would fall asleep easily, but nope, wasn't having that either! Everyone was saying, "she doesn't want to sleep, she just wants to play, don't force her to sleep"...and even though I knew the reason she was fussing was because she was soooo tired and just desperately needed a nap, I had no choice but to let her stay up until after her next feeding when we could put her in the car and come home. Well, we paid for that royally last night! The result of an overtired baby is not very pleasant to say the least! But once she finally got to sleep last night around 10:30 pm, she slept well. And she is taking a long nap this morning, apparently catching up and recovering from her big weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment