Saturday, August 6, 2011

this and that

 My family went to St. Louis a couple of weeks ago but we weren't able to go. This is the first time we haven't all been able to go on vacation together and I really missed it. My sister and her boyfriend were invited to a wedding so my parents decided to tag along and just make a vacation out of it; but it wasn't really feasible for us to travel that far with a 4 month old. So we stayed behind. They brought back a few goodies for Kelsie though. Here is Kelsie with the penguin my dad picked out for her!


I like to chew on his beak

I'm getting so big! And mommy says I'm the cutest! ;)

Kelsie is at the age where she is just developing so fast...each day she seems to be getting a little stronger, a little more communicative, and a lot more interested in every thing around her. 

She is trying really hard to crawl. She can't seem to get those arms up and moving though. 



She is essentially sitting up completely on her own now. Only a little wobbly from time to time but mommy still isn't comfortable moving more than arms length away in case she tumbles. She can also now lean forward and then sit back up again on her own.




Thats right...it feels good, doesn't it!? :)
I love that face!

She is giving mommy lots of kisses these days and I just can't get enough! 
When I say, "give mommy a kiss", this is what happens.... :)
  
I LOVE her to pieces!!

I could just eat her up! She's so sweet! 

Kelsie is definitely showing interest in foods now. We usually sit her in the bumbo on the table at mealtime so we can eat together. She really lets us know that she wants what we're having by sucking on her bottom lip and saying "uummmmm". If I weren't so concerned about her nutrition, I would probably go ahead and start solids, but I know my breastmilk is best for her for the 1st 6 months and I don't want any other foods to displace her intake of milk. So as the doctor ordered, we will hold off just a little longer....

But a taste every now and then won't hurt anything! Last night we gave her a couple bites of banana...
...and because it is fresh fruit, no enzymes necessary!

"yum yum yum, i think i like it!"

this is different...

i want some more!

First time on daddy's shoulders!! I'm sure she'll getting many more rides up there! 







No comments:

Post a Comment