Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sleep training: NIGHT #2

Tonight Kelsie went to sleep even faster than she did last night! Which was the goal of course! She only cried for a few minutes before she started laying her head on the side of the crib. She did that for about 10 minutes, still crying out intermittently but then she started just standing there quietly, and eventually just laid down. Last night I went in after every 7 minutes of crying and tonight I didn't go in there until after the first 10 minutes. But I didn't have to go in after that because she was asleep just 6 minutes later. I am still so shocked at how well she has done with this! Thankfully she doesn't wake up much in the middle of the night anymore so that really isn't an issue. But when she does, I have a hard time letting her cry because she still has that brace on and it is so irritating to her skin, plus I know it has to be uncomfortable when she wakes up and is trying to go back to sleep.  She usually wakes up around 5:00am or so but will go right back to sleep in our bed so thats what we do for now. And we all sleep that way so it works! And she goes to sleep easily for me at naptime too, so I'm still rocking her during the day. For now at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment