Monday, April 2, 2012

Sundays - church and lunch at the park

Kelsie still doesn't do well in the church nursery and I don't do well leaving her. She is always fine at first, but about 10 minutes in, she realizes I'm not there, she's in an unfamiliar place, and doesn't know the people threre. One Sunday she cried the entire 45 minutes! So since then, I have just stayed in there with her or left and waited nearby to see how she would act. Yesterday was the same story...I left then after about 10 minutes she became hysterical so I went back in and got her. There was also a child in there with a snotty nose and a cough so I didn't feel comfortable leaving her anyway. It's just difficult though, because she can't make it through the service without getting antsy and making noise (yes, we try every week!) But she doesn't make it in the nursery either and I don't want her exposed to other sick kids anyway. There is a room right outside the sanctuary that is never occupied and you could technically hear the sermon this way but I only get bits and pieces since Im also having to entertain and chase a toddler around. So what all this means is that I never get to sit through preaching. Nathan took her out one week so I could stay and we talked about rotating but just haven't done that yet. Right now it's a very frustrating situation but I know it won't last forever so I guess we'll just deal with it for now.

Yesterday I even had to take her outside because she was fussing while we were sitting outside the sanctuary and I didn't want it to be disruptive. She was happy as could be outside....and no, I couldn't resist taking her picture all dressed up! :)



After church we picked up a quick lunch and went to the park. She was so excited and took off without us in the direction of the other kids she could hear playing. She's fearless...and tough! That little wobbly walk gets her far but she still takes her share of falls. She will fall, skin her knees on the sidewalk, get up, brush it off and keep going! I love to see that toughness in her, I have a feeling it will be very beneficial to her one day!


Her daddy also took her for her 1st time in the sandbox...and what was one of the first things she did??? Eat it!



It's a cute little Pittsboro park and perfect for these lovely spring days!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment