Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cuddle time!!!

It feels so good to finally be able to snuggle with my baby girl! When she was just 6 hours old, they put her in the harness and then told us we couldn't take it off. That just wasn't long enough for me to hold her baby soft skin against mine or cradle her tiny little body.  It felt like we were being robbed of that special time of cuddling with her as a newborn. I will never forget asking the resident when he thought she would get out of the harness and feeling that deep pit in the bottom of my stomach when he told me "well, she should be out of it by the time she is walking". SERIOUSLY!?, I thought. Are you kidding me!? As he said that so nonchalantly, I just burst out in tears. That was a very traumatic experience, especially as a first time mom, right after delivery. At the time it all seemed so impossible. How would I ever be able to take care of her in that thing? But I quickly figured it all out and the impossible became easier and soon enough was just routine.  The time line for getting it off was always up in the air and we were told so many different things but thankfully, 7 weeks did the trick and it is now all in the past! We will still have to follow her hips closely over the next 2 years and will have her first Xray at 6 months, but for now, we are so thankful that she is unrestricted! AND WE CAN CUDDLE!




First time on my side...I think I like it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment