Sunday, April 10, 2011

Out and about

Its been a great weekend and now I have some blog-catch-up to do. :) Kelsie was 6 weeks old on Friday and it was also a big day for me! I went out without her for the first time! Since I am nursing, I can't be away from her for very long (nor do I want to) but I knew that having some "me time" would be beneficial for both of us. So after she was fed and ready for a nap, I left her in the capable hands of my aunt Ana and went out for a pedicure! There is both a Starbucks and a nail salon 5 min from home so I took advantage of both! While I was out, I also learned that my masters paper was published as the featured article in the Journal of Nurse Practitioners this month! We started the publication process almost 2 years ago so it was very exciting to hear that it was finally in print! (Here's the link if anyone is interested.)
Link to my article

Yesterday, I decided to go out on my own AGAIN and went on a quick shopping trip. Nathan and my parents were all here so I knew they could handle everything as long as I was back before feeding time. I was only gone for a little over an hour and, as I expected, she slept the whole time. (I apparently missed her way more than she missed me.) ;) Then last night, on a whim, Nathan and I decided to go out to dinner and take her with us. My parents had left, so it was just the 2 of us. We packed up her bag complete with applesauce and enzymes should I need to feed her. However, we had it planned so that we would go out early, miss the crowd, she would nap in her car seat while we ate and we would be back before feeding time.  Well as you fellow parents know, babies aren't always so predictable. So...things were going well and then, literally, as soon as they put the food in front of me, the little squirt woke up. I got a few bites in while attempting to get her back to sleep with the paci. But then, she decided the paci wasn't for her anymore, and let out the pitiful "waaaa waaaa" that had everyone in the restaurant staring. I got her out of her seat and thought for sure, she would be content with me as she always is...unless she is hungry. Well...she apparently thought she was starving and wanted everyone else to know about it! So mommy left her dinner and took the little Kelsie-bug for her first back-seat-of-the-car feeding. And daddy quickly finished his meal alone and got a to-go box for mommy, complete with dessert. As stressful as this may sound, we just laughed about it and I'm sure it is only the first of many similar experiences! :) It turned out to be a pretty good night anyway...she fell back asleep for the rest of the evening and Nathan and I enjoyed watching a movie and eating our cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment