Friday, April 8, 2011

Enzymes

These enzymes are getting harder to give and its so frustrating for me. I wish so badly I could go back to feeding my baby the natural way without having to go through all these steps and then feel like I'm torturing her. She is normally napping before she eats so she usually wakes up hungry and is ready to nurse. Instead I have to go through a few steps to get her enzymes ready all whil she is crying in my arms (unfortunately, they can't be prepared ahead of time or they would lose their effectiveness.)  I thought she would start to get used to it, but as she is getting older, it actually seems like she is protesting it more. Since we went up to a full capsule, there are also more enzymes for her to swallow and she is still too young to really know what to do with something solid in her mouth. She is usually crying as I'm giving her the enzyme covered paci and they just go all over her mouth - under her tongue, in front of her gums, on her lips, her chin....its just a mess. And my job is to try to get as many of them down as possible. I still hate having to do this to her because she just seems miserable with it. :( But I know its the only way she will get nutrition so she MUST take them every single time. So we manage the best we can. Please pray that this will get easier for us. Here are a few pictures to demonstrate.


Enzyme in capsule form

Applesauce with her daily dose of salt added


Dip the paci in the applesauce and sprinkle out the enzymes

Dip the paci and pick up the enzyme beads



Then make her take it...and this is why I hate it so much! :(
 (not every time is this traumatic, but this is what it looks like the majority of the time)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment