Monday, January 28, 2013

Ah-pa and Meh-ma come to play!

My parents have kept Kelsie the past 2 Saturdays while Nathan and I have gone out. Last weekend we went out to dinner and a movie and I think this was actually the first time we had done this since Kelsie has been born. Sad, I know! Kelsie absolutely LOVES for grandma and grandpa to come over! She gets constant attention and adoration! My dad is like a big kid and Kelsie just eats it up! And my mom is crazy over calling her "precious" all the time and can't stop doting on her and telling her how beautiful she is. As the first grandchild, its no wonder she is a little spoiled by them! But I just think its wonderful.

After we got home last weekend, my mom told me I had to go up and look at Kelsie who was asleep in her bed at the time. When I got up there, this is what I found! LOL. Yes, I really laughed out loud! This is Kelsie's castle tent and is her absolute favorite thing to play in these days. It usually stays downstairs and its often a bit of a battle to get her to leave her tent at night to go to bed. So as she started to resist going to bed this night, my dad asked if she wanted to take the tent to her room and of course, she agreed. So up and into her bed it went. They put her to sleep inside the tent and she went right to sleep they said. I thought it was a fantastic idea and so sweet! I thought she would demand more of this in the future but so far, she hasn't. (We took her out of it after we got home so she could still roll around - plus its pretty stuffy inside there).





They came back up this past weekend because Nathan and I had tickets to the Carolina State game! It was not only my 2nd date in 1 week, but also the 2nd Carolina game in 1 week! Both are pretty rare for me so I definitely enjoyed them! So this time, my parents came in with this adorable cupcake and a Reeses for Kelsie. Because she has CF, she can have all the junk food she wants. I still try to be reasonable about it because we don't want her filling up on stuff like this and not eat the more nutrient and protein packed food, but I certainly don't mind her having some treats like this from time to time.











They also got to experience giving her breathing treatment for the first time. I gave them instructions on what to do before I left. Then dad texted me to say that he asked Kelsie if they were doing it right and she said "yeah". Then he sent me this picture saying that she decided to just hold it and do it herself. What a big, brave girl!
 
Dad texted me this picture later in the night when I asked if she was in bed. He said "kinda". Then sent me a picture and said we all are. They are all pretty crazy about each other! :)


So as for the game...Nathan and I went to rival universities...he at NC State, me at UNC-Chapel Hill. So when we play each other, its always a little contentious in terms of our rivalry. We are both die hard supporters of our teams but are growing to be more respectful towards the opposition. I think. :) Sometimes at least. On this particular night, I didn't have high expectations for the Heels and he didn't know what to expect from his inconsistent Pack either, but we were just excited to be there. And to be out of the house, without our child, on a date! We had seats in his company's box suite at the PNC arena and its was definitely first class. All the food and drinks you want, good seats, private bathroom, room to socialize...it was great! Unfortunately, I was quite dissatisfied with how my Tarheels played making for a less enjoyable experience for me. But still, it was fun!













No comments:

Post a Comment