Tuesday, October 25, 2011

8 months!

Kelsie is 8 months old yesterday! I can't believe how time flies!

Weight: 18lbs 12oz
Length: 27 inches

Eating: breast milk and solids, she is still eating 5 times during the day (7a, 10a, 1p, 4p, 7p) and then once in the middle of the night. The volume per feeding seems to vary making it hard to know how much to put in her bottles when I'm at work. But lately, she has been taking 5oz with all 3 of her bottle feedings on days that I work. (which is crazy because she used to take 6-7 oz at 4 months of age and she was also sleeping through the night at that time too!) She is definitely satisfied with the 5 oz though and if she takes 5oz with all 6 feedings, she would be getting 30oz per day which is good for her age. I would love it if she would start taking more during the day so she could drop that night feeding but I don't know if that's going to happen anytime soon.

Sleep: Shes goes to bed between 7-8 most nights and gets up @ 7 or 7:30 She is still waking up at night, lately it's been a lot. She eats just once but the other times she just wakes up crying and one of us either runs in there and gives her the paci or I have to pick her up. I think the brace has a lot to do with it. She can't move around like she wants to and just can't seem to get comfortable. The brace also squishes her diaper causing pee to soak through her pajamas, so I know that isn't comfortable either. Ahhh the brace... I still can't stand it! Last night I tried putting her to sleep on her belly again and she actually slept all night! Well, she woke up at 5:30 but fell back asleep and I didn't have to feed her.


Woke up with my hair a mess and feeling good! :) hehe
Development: Crawling, pulling to stand, will stand up while holding your hands for a minute or more, playing with her hands and fingers more, bangs blocks together, brings her hands together like she is clapping, laughs all the time, smiles or laughs when she sees pictures or video of herself, and smiles when mommy, daddy, or any of her other favorite people come around, "talking" in syllables, putting different sounds together, imitates noises we make, makes happy sounds when she is excited and waves her arms and kicks her legs, reaches for people when she wants them to hold her, still no teeth, no "mama" or "dada"... I'm sure I will think of more things that I'll have to add later. :)

Oh, so after I posted this I came home to learn that she said "dadadada" today. Its more of a whisper when she is moving her mouth up and down but still sounds like "dadadadada". After bath tonight, Nathan and I were chasing her naked butt around the bed to get her pj's on, and she said a big "da da" outloud. Such a proud moment for her daddy right now. :) (even if it doesn't really mean anything yet)

I want to go outside!
I just want to stand up and walk mommy!



Nana said she walked in from the kitchen today and
found Kelsie like this. Haha. It makes me laugh to see
those little eyes peeking over.

No comments:

Post a Comment