Friday, October 21, 2011

Baby proof

Now that Kelsie is on the move, we are faced with the challenge of babyproofing our house. We looked at the indoor play yards to fence her in but they are expensive, bulky, an eye sore, and just not entirely practical. There are stationary entertainers and playpens but she cant spend the whole day in those or she wouldn't have the chance to move around and work on her development. And we don't really have a space that needs a gate at the moment. As long as I keep her in my sight, at least. Thankfully, there is a big open area between the kitchen and living room so I can just spread out some toys out and keep my eye on her. When she gets out of my sight, I just go move her back to where I can see her. This works pretty well most of the time. Of course the most important thing we have to do is keep the area clean and free of danger. She is certainly reminding us of what needs to be put away or modified!

She has been trying to pull up on furniture all week and she has succeeded. She will even take several steps when she is standing up holding my hands.
I just can't believe how fast she is growing up! I am trying to just soak in all of these little moments and milestones!



Look mom, I pulled up all by myself!

She pulled hard to get those bags! And look at that balance!
I saved her before she fell backwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment