Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mommy goes to the Dr.

My left wrist started hurting last week and progressively got worse until I finally went to the Dr yesterday. I knew it was likely caused by overuse, ie. lifting the little chunk all day, but because my fulltime job of mommy doesn't get a day off or time to rest it, I knew I just needed to have it looked at. It is called De Quervains tenosenovitis and it is quite painful. I saw the Nurse Practitioner yesterday and she gave me a steroid injection and an immobilizer brace. The steroid injection takes a few days to kick in so I have been trying to wear the brace as much as possible but it is really difficult to take care of Kelsie with it on. And the velcro scratches her so I don't like that part of it either. I just hope it heals up soon, and hope that I don't get it in the other wrist too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment