Monday, September 26, 2011

Mommy's sick

Well, what started as a sore throat is now a full-blown sinus nightmare. My head and face hurt, the snot is never-ending, I feel like my head is going to burst, and I just feel awful. I don't have a cough yet but thats usually the next to start. I'm so worried about Kelsie getting this. I think its hard for any mom to imagine their baby experiencing the pain and yuckiness of a cold for the first time but my concern is two fold as my greatest fear is how her body will respond considering her underlying illness. But at least I am breastfeeding and she will get the antibodies my body has built up against this particular infection, so that should help if/when she gets it.

Today was just a really hard day because I was so tired and felt so bad but of course, there is no time off when you are a mom. And to make matters worse, she went to bed late last night, was up 3 times in the middle of the night, and fought naps, tooth and nail, all day. She was happy when she was awake and wasn't fussy as long as I was around so I wasn't really concerned that she was getting sick, but I could tell she was so tired. Yet every time I tried to put her down at her typical nap times, she just had a fit. She would arch her back, get stiff as a board, and just refuse to cuddle up, take her paci and go to sleep. She has never reacted quite this bad and I was seriously afraid that she was going to hurt herself trying to throw herself out of my arms! And when she fights it that hard, you know she is simply too tired to fall asleep. So with no energy to deal with that today, I put her in the car and took her for a drive....3 times today. She fell asleep in the car for all 3 naps. And not only did she give me a hard time falling asleep, but she also slept as little as possible.  All I wanted was to rest a little today to help fight off this infection but it never happened. I guess thats what I should be doing now.

Please pray for us that this will be a short illness for me and most importantly, that Kelsie will not get it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment