Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Out sick

So I went to work yesterday despite feeling horrible. I made it through the day but it wasn't easy. I was constantly blowing my nose, sneezing, eyes were watering, head hurt, couldn't talk to the parents and breathe at the same time so I felt out of breath all day, had to wear a mask so I wouldn't spread my germs to the patients and by the time I came out of the room, the mask was full of snot...seriously, it was gross. I went through a box and a half of tissues and just felt miserable. It wasn't a pleasant day. However, I intended to try again today but Kelsie was up for 2 hours last night for some reason and I just woke up feeling even worse than yesterday. So I decided it were best for me and for my coworkers and patients for me just to stay home! And because my mother-in-law was here anyway to keep Kelsie, I actually got to take a sick day and stay in bed most of the morning. I slept in, took a hot bath, ate some chicken soup and let Nana do the rest. I finally broke down and took some pseudoephedrine because my sinus congestion was killing me. I decided one shouldn't hurt my milk supply too much and it might actually help me get over this quicker which would be good for all of us. But now I remember the effect that drug has on me and how it makes me feel bad in a different way. But at least Kelsie is now down for her afternoon nap, so for once, I think I may just be able to do the same.  Please continue to pray for our health, especially that Kelsie doesn't get sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment