Friday, May 13, 2011

11 weeks and 12 lbs!

Kelsie is 11 weeks old today. We went in for a weight check and she weighed 12 lbs 3.6 oz...so thats up 1 pound in the past 2 weeks. She is getting quite chunky! :)

We have had a great week! Monday we stayed around here and caught up on sleep from our busy weekend, but had a little playtime outside! :)



Tuesday, Valerie and Drew came to visit and we had a full day of fun. They watched Kelsie for me while I did some chores upstairs that morning (which was much appreciated) and then we went to Franklin St and walked around campus for a bit. I bought Kelsie a Tarheel outfit and we stopped at Krispy Kreme for a very delightful treat! :P And now that I've experienced this new Krispy Kreme on Franklin St (which is very nice by the way), I can't get it out of my mind and am so tempted by those little gooey, circles of greasy goodness! To top off our high calorie snack, we came back home and grilled out steaks! It was a super fun day and I just loved spending it with my 2 favorite girls! Oh, and it was also a very momentous occasion since it was Kelsie's first stroll through UNC's campus and first visit to the Old Well! ;) Hopefully she will choose to walk down those same paths as a college student one day!




Wednesday, Kelsie's Nana (Nathan's mom) came to visit and the 3 of us went to Southpoint for a little shopping! We didn't buy a lot but we had a lot of fun. And I discovered a fabulous nursing room at the mall making those on-the-go feedings even easier! Looks like we may be able to go the mall more often! :)





Thursday was just a lazy day at home! I used every free moment to try to be as productive as possible. Kelsie does not nap very well during the day so my time to get housework done is often very limited. The little bug really likes to cuddle during naptime! She typically wakes up 40-45 min into a nap and starts looking for her paci, then starts crying out. I'm still waiting for her to be able to self-soothe herself back to sleep but for now, I'm doing what I can to help her get back to sleep without picking her up. But she often ends up in my arms before her nap is over. Unless we're on the go...in which case, she is happy as can be looking around until she can't fight it anymore and falls asleep in her seat.  



Today was another day out. We went for her weight check this morning, then had pizza out, and then back to the mall. She is just so wide-eyed and smiley when we are shopping...hmmm, I wonder what that means! ;) Daddy just might have his hands full one day!

1 comment: