Monday, May 9, 2011

First trip with Kelsie

We took our first trip out of town (to Boone) with Kelsie this past weekend. There was alot to celebrate: dad's birthday, mothers day, and most importantly, Valerie's graduation from Appalachian State University, which, of course, was the reason we went. Kelsie loves car rides so the trip up there was a breeze. It also worked out well that I could feed her before we left and the ride overlapped with her bedtime, so she fell asleep in the car and then woke up to eat once we arrived. With my family, there is never a dull moment so the trip was packed with fun and excitement. Kelsie seemed to enjoy every moment of it. We visited the Mast General Store in Valle Crucis, had a picnic lunch at the park, went on a mountain hike to the bottom of a waterfall, she got to fish with daddy, go to a college graduation, and spend lots of time with family. She did so well!!  It makes being her mommy easy! With all the go, go, go, there were times I was worried how it would interfere with her feedings, but we just packed her bag and made it work. And everything worked out perfectly...even at graduation. We were only there for about 36 hours and I spent very little of that time sleeping.  So the trip was absolutely exhausting but so much fun at the same time. I only wish we could have stayed longer.  I am so thankful that we were able to make the trip, despite having a 2 month old, because I would not have wanted to miss Valerie's graduation for anything. She is such a wonderful sister and friend. And soon enough, will also be an amazing teacher! After 4 years in Boone, she is sad to leave but we are all so excited that she will be back home. I have missed having her so close and look forward to spending time with her this summer. She will also be Kelsie's first babysitter when I start back to work in a couple weeks!

Yesterday was a day to celebrate Valerie's graduation but it was also my first Mother's Day! I absolutely love being a mom and am so thankful God gave me our precious Kelsie.  My entire life, I have looked forward to being a mother and its almost hard to believe that time is finally here. Being a mom is both the hardest and most rewarding job of my life, and I wouldn't take anything for it. There is nothing I love more than seeing her smiles, holding her hand, and just watching her grow and change each day. Motherhood is the greatest gift of all!













No comments:

Post a Comment