Monday, May 23, 2011

12 weeks old - Milestones and more

Kelsie is now making more cooing sounds and she is laughing more. She gives the biggest smiles when someone is talking to her or making silly noises. When I talk to her she tries to respond back with the sweetest smile or giggle, and "gooo". She is also becoming more interested in her toys especially the sound of a rattle and will smile and laugh and reach for them. And she is also able to grasp the rattle and hold onto it to shake it. She now pays more attention to books and will now grab at the pages. And she likes it when I carry her over my shoulder so she can look at everything around us. A couple days ago she officially found her thumb and has been using it some to self-soothe. She still likes the paci but will suck on her fingers and try to get a hold of her thumb if she doesn't have the paci. She is holding her head up on her own but still just a little wobbly when she is tired; and she is making alot more kicking motions with her legs and waving motions with her arms when she is excited. (My dad says it looks like she is practicing her swim strokes!) She is also able to use her tongue to push food back in her mouth a little better now - something most wouldn't notice this early but since we have been giving her enzymes with applesauce since she was 3 weeks old, I have definitely seen a progression in her ability to do this which makes giving her enzymes so much easier!

This weekend was busy but alot of fun! Saturday, Nathan's parents came up to visit. Nathan and his dad worked in the yard while his mom and I hung out with Kelsie.  We had lunch together and then I made my long trip upstairs for my first night back to work. On Sunday, Kelsie made her first trip to her grandma and grandpa's house (my parents) and met my mom's side of the family. It was so nice to get together with everyone again, a tradition I hope we can continue for many years to come! It was also Memorial at the church where I grew up; so Kelsie made her first trip there as well, where we saw many family and friends who just "oooed and ahhed" over her. :) It was also a time to remember my grandparents who were buried there.

Here are some pictures from the weekend!

 Saturday May 20th





Sunday May 21st
Memorial at Antioch - standing at Grandma Kiser's grave. 
We were so close and I still miss her dearly. Kelsie is named after her.


Found that thumb!

Kelsie and her cousin Cole - they are only 4 days apart!
Aren't they JUST PRECIOUS!?




No comments:

Post a Comment