Sunday, May 1, 2011

Strong Enough by Matthew West



I heard this song this week as I was feeling so weak and discouraged. It really is a reminder that there is only One source of strength to turn to when facing the hardest times of your life. Trying to do it alone, without His help, can only leave you feeling broken and hopeless. This verse is another reminder:

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:29-31

This was a verse that brought me so much hope as I was recovering from my accident and praying for the physical strength to use my legs, to run and walk and be pain-free but also for the emotional strength to endure such a long recovery. And again, it is a verse that speaks to me in the midst of what we are going through with Kelsie. There are days when I am so weary and discouraged. But His Word promises that even though we may have days of sadness and moments of weakness, He is there to renew our strength each day. We must put our hope in Him and be faithful that His love and mercy will prevail.

1 comment: