Monday, June 20, 2011

An all around good day!

A few highlights from the day:

  • This happens everyday but I never get tired of it... going to Kelsie's crib when she wakes up and seeing her smile so big like she is so excited to see me!
  • Kelsie took a good 2 hour nap this morning so used that time to straighten up around the house and even cleaned out the refrigerator - made me feel so accomplished :)
  • Sang along with a Taylor Swift song and danced with Kelsie - she thought it was pretty funny :)
  • We went on a walk in the neighborhood
  • I put Kelsie down in her crib at naptime while she was still awake and she got herself to sleep! Big milestone! And I may have discovered a little trick - she likes to pull blankets up to her face when she is getting tired so I gave her one to snuggle with and I think it helped her fall asleep
  • She nursed much better today so I feel like my milk supply is getting back to normal
  • My dear friend, Jess, who is now living in Atlanta texted me this morning and said she was in town for the day so we met her for a nice chat at Panera. It was such a treat and reminded me how much I miss her and her family!
  • Hearing Kelsie show off more of her voice especially when she is trying to tell me what she wants (tired, hungry, etc.) 
  • On the drive home, Kelsie was whining and was tired and getting hungry, so I reached my arm back and in seconds she was asleep. It was a sweet reminder that she finds such comfort in something as simple as the feeling of my hand on her cheek. 
  • All the cuddles and kisses from Kelsie that make everyday as her mom so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment