Thursday, June 23, 2011

Work

Well, I made it. This past week was a test, as it was my longest span of work since Kelsie has been born. I worked 4 out of 5 days (Sat, Sun, Tues, Wed) but I survived! It sounds silly, I'm sure, but I just hate being away from her that much. Once I get to work, I enjoy it, but I still miss her like crazy and by the time evening rolls around, I just can't get home fast enough. Thankfully, my mom is able to be here with her while I work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so that makes it a lot less stressful. She comes up on Tuesday morning and then spends the night and leaves on Wednesday evening after I get home from work. She also does a lot to help with housework and cooks dinner both nights, which is so helpful! It is such a blessing!! I should also mention that Nathan's mom came up last week to keep Kelsie since my mom couldn't be here and I was so impressed with how much cleaning she did around here. Since we had just gotten back from the beach, the house was basically a disaster and she turned it around by the time I got home and even had dinner ready! Needless to say, our moms are the ultimate nannies and we are SO thankful for their willingness to help!

As excited as I am about my mom keeping Kelsie, I realize that it is only temporary as she will start back to work after summer break (mid-August).  That is only 7 weeks away, yet we are still unsure who is going to keep Kelsie after that point. Because of her CF, daycare is not an option for us. We do not want to expose her to so many germs at such a young age and want to keep her lungs healthy for as long as possible. So we are just praying that something else will work out! Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions, (or offers) please let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment