Monday, June 27, 2011

Sleepy baby

We are home from Kelsie's procedure and she is still snoozing from the sedation. It is so pitiful to see her so limp and out of it. When she first woke up, she was very upset and both groggy and hungry. She didn't even really open her eyes but was just crying inconsolably. I tried nursing her but that even took a while to calm her down. She finally ate for a few minutes but fell back asleep and has been OUT ever since. She is like a dish rag and I don't like it! I'm ready for her to wake up. It has been 8 hours since she has really eaten and I just want her to come out of it so I know she is ok. The nurse side of me knows she is ok, but the mommy side of me doesn't think like a nurse! They told me to expect her to be a little gassy and extra fussy today as well. Not sure how the evening is going to go, but I'm afraid she is going to be pretty uncomfortable trying to figure out why she feels so funny and why she hasn't eaten all day. :(

As for the results, all of her lung functioning looked great! Her weight today was 14lbs 11oz (6.635kg) and her length was almost 24 inches. She is still 75th percentile for weight and has increased from 25th to 40th percentile for length! So her growth still looks fantastic! They also drew some basic blood work, so hopefully that will all look good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment