Monday, June 27, 2011

Still sleeping....

Its 6:30 pm and Kelsie is still sleeping! She received her 1st dose of sedation around 10:30 this morning but because she didn't get into a deep enough of a sleep and was still moving when they touched her face, they had to give her more medicine.  She woke up from the sedation a little after 12 but only long enough to eat for maybe 3 minutes.  I woke her up around 3:15 and fed her, then she pooped, I changed her, and she was back asleep within 30 minutes..and has been asleep ever since! She woke up once, but looked groggy and confused, then she started crying, took her paci and snuggled up on me and went back to sleep.  So it looks like I'm going to have to wake her to eat again. :( She is also very gassy, a common side effect of the medicine, so I can tell that is bothering her too. Makes me sad that she feels bad. I sure wish I didn't have to leave her and go to work the next 2 days! And to make it worse, on my next day off, I have to take her in for her 4 month shots. Eh, not looking to be the best week!

With all this sleeping, you would think I would do some housework, but instead, I just sat in the bed beside her so I could keep an eye on her.  So this is how we have spent the afternoon...
4p - sound asleep....

still snoozin...

starting to wake up...

but still drowsy and needing some cuddle time...

and back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment